Whether you’re a professional athlete or play in a college club, physical therapy is highly beneficial for athletes of all levels. Not only does physical therapy speed up your recovery so you can heal quicker, but it helps prevent future sports injuries. When you train your body to move properly, it becomes a habit; therefore, you’re less likely to hurt yourself while playing your favorite sports.
As a physical therapy center in Colorado Springs, Backcountry Physical Therapy specializes in helping outdoor enthusiasts and athletes heal their bodies so they can do what they love for as long as possible. As an athlete, you have certain physical requirements, such as reducing physical pain and improving your range of motion, and physical therapy can help you meet those goals.
What Are The Benefits Of Physical Therapy?
Sports are extremely physically exhausting, so, it’s important to take care of your body so you can enjoy the sports you love without having to suffer in pain quietly. As an athlete, investing in your physical health is probably one of your top priorities. Sports physical therapy helps you improve your overall well-being, including:
- Re-establish Mobility
- One benefit of physical therapy is increasing your joint and muscle flexibility. Because your physical therapist can cater your program to your unique needs and sports requirements, you can focus on improving your range of motion. Increasing your mobility is especially important for sports like swimming, gymnastics, and ballet.
- Rebuild Strength
- Your physical therapist can help you heal quicker and target specific areas of your body to strengthen your muscles, joints, and ligaments.
- Reduce Pain
- Sports require you to repeat the same motions over and over again, and this can lead to pain of varying degrees. After becoming a physical therapy patient, you’ll notice that the direct source of your pain can be addressed and you don’t have to worry about being unable to perform at your best.
- Improve Performance
- When you take the time to make sure you’re recovering properly and training effectively, you can drastically improve your physical output.
- Prevent Future Injuries
- When you train or perform wrong, it can lead to injuries such as torn ligaments, sprains, and even broken bones. When you’re in physical therapy, your PT can address your weaknesses and focus on strengthening those areas to minimize the chance of future injuries.
How Long Does Sports Physical Therapy Take To Work?
The process of physical therapy is different for everyone because every individual is unique. So, there’s no set amount of time for how long you need to be in physical therapy before you start seeing your results. The length of time needed before you experience the benefits will depend on your past and current injuries, the type of sports you play, your dedication to healing, and your unique physical therapy goals.
Your physical therapist will use your initial consultation to evaluate you and develop a unique treatment plan. If you’re dealing with an injury, they will most likely have certain benchmarks they’ll want you to meet to help keep you on the path of recovery.
Experience A New Level Of Recovery With Backcountry Physical Therapy
At Backcountry Physical Therapy, we create an individualized plan catered to your sport, unique goals, and areas of pain. Whether you’re a basketball player or part of your neighborhood hockey team, it’s important to take care of yourself physically and make sure you’re recovering and healing the right way. With the support and guidance of our sports physical therapists, you can prevent athletic injuries, experience pain relief, and play the sports you love for as long as you’d like. To experience the benefits of physical therapy and improve your game, call us today!