A Message From Scott Runyon, PT, DPT, Owner and Founder of Backcountry Physical Therapy
It’s common to believe that back pain is insignificant and will go away independently. It’s also common to blame it on “awkward sleeping,” a “spasm,” or something “everyone” suffers from at some point…
There is no apparent reason for it, but it does not appear to be changing!
You are not alone if this happens to you; we always hear stories like this. The most common problem we see in our clinic is lower back pain and sciatica!
And when it comes to living with back pain, everyone we see is curious…
“How Come This Is Happening to Me?” or “Why Am I Still in Pain After Putting up With It for 3-6 Months? (Sometimes Longer!)”
Sounds Like You, Right?
Has Something Similar Happened to You?
It’s difficult to know what’s best for your back pain. People in positions of authority have told you so many different things. Unfortunately, the majority of it is useless!
It’s not just about what you do when it hurts but also how frequently you do it. The more frequently an area becomes weaker, or an injury worsens due to poor movement and posture, the more difficult it will be to work that part of your body. If we do not take steps to restore balance through strengthening exercises designed specifically for those areas, we will experience chronic pain.
Back pain is often a confusing issue that people accept as “the way things are”. What else could explain why backache lasts so long? It can be difficult to know what to do because there have been so many different instructions given by different sources, with little credibility behind them all!
Do You Have the Same Thoughts?
If You Have Back Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. It didn’t go away, but you expected it to.
2. The doctors told you to rest and take pain relievers, but they did nothing to help your back; once the pills wore off, the chronic pain returned.
3. Back pain affects everyone as they age, so you just accepted it for what it was.
4. You had previously tried other healthcare professionals or a physical therapist, but nothing they said or did seem to help.
5. You tried YouTube exercises, but they either didn’t work or worsened your back pain.
6. Your back pain was so severe that you thought resting would alleviate it, but it only worsened matters.
7. You decided to get a few “massages” in the hopes that they would relieve your pain, but they made you feel nice and relaxed and did nothing to help you in the long run.
You’ve tried everything, and it’s still hurting? You don’t have to suffer any longer.
If any of these things have happened to you, we’d love to assist you by inviting you to a free phone call with one of our knowledgeable back specialists who specialize in helping people like you get relief from chronic low-back pain problems.
Simply click the link provided below!
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Backcountry Physical Therapy in Colorado Springs, CO