A Message From Scott Runyon, PT, DPT, Owner and Founder of Backcountry Physical Therapy
It is easy to dismiss a sports injury and try to push through the pain, but it is critical to seek medical attention.
Or it’s easy to become discouraged and feel “trapped,” wondering if you’ll ever be able to participate in sports or stay active as you used to…
You’re not alone if you’re going through this; we always go through it. We see patients at Backcountry’s physiotherapy center in summer or winter.
When doctors and medical professionals tell people to “rest” after an injury, we think it’s ridiculous. This is causing more harm and increasing your chances of future injuries. This is because rest causes our muscles to weaken and atrophy! That is why so many people suffering from sports injuries wonder:
Is That How You Feel as Well?
If You’re Currently Frustrated and Living With a Sports Injury, Here Are Seven Additional Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You expected it to go away, but it didn’t.
2. You went to the doctor, who advised you to rest, wear a brace, and take pain relievers – but the pills did nothing to help, and as soon as they wore off, you were back in agony.
3. You just accepted it because a family member or friend told you that everyone gets more prone to sports injuries as they age.
4. You had previously sought assistance from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio, but nothing they said or did seem to help.
5. You’ve tried heating pads, ice, and sports supports, but they’ve done nothing to alleviate your pain or allow you to return to exercise with ease.
6. You thought resting would be a good idea because you were in a lot of pain, but it still irritates you daily.
7. You decided to get a few “sports massages” in the hopes that they would relieve your pain, but all they did was make you feel a little ‘painful’ or relaxing,’ and they did nothing to help your injury in the long run.
If you’ve been involved in any of these mishaps, we’d like to invite you to schedule a call with one of our physical therapists to learn what we can do to help you. You’re already one step closer to finding the solution because you’ve tried any or all of these things!
If you want to get some solid advice over the phone, click the link below to book a call with us. The phone call is free, and there is no obligation to book appointments with us after the call. Our goal is to assist you in making the best decision about what to do next.
So, here are four things you can do:
1. First and foremost, you must decide whether or not to seek assistance – Many people put off dealing with their problems for so long, believing that the pain will eventually “go away with time.” They’re still dealing with it six months later, and nothing has changed. Alternatively, it could worsen, and they’ll stop participating in sports or activities entirely.
2. Do the RIGHT exercises next – The physical therapist will explain them in detail and demonstrate how to do them correctly. One of the best things you can do to speed up your recovery and avoid injuries is to perform the appropriate series of advanced exercises – the right exercises provided by a PT help relieve pain while quickly allowing you to move freely again.
3. Avoid “too much rest” – While rest is necessary for recovery, too much rest will not help you recover faster. Many people believe that total inactivity is required for recovery. Rest prevents blood circulation, which is required for an injury to heal. Your body requires appropriate rehabilitation, strengthening exercises, and hands-on therapy to get you back into action and healthy as soon as possible.
4. Get “hands-on” and “real” Physiotherapy – Sports injury patients have been shown to benefit from therapeutic massage. Backcountry Physical Therapy helps people recover from sports injuries all year. Suppose your condition prevents you from participating in sports or being active. In that case, if it interferes with your job or limits your freedom by limiting the amount of time you can spend with family and friends, Physical Therapy may be able to help you return to everyday life as soon as possible.
If you’d like to learn more about how the Physical Therapy team at Backcountry Physical Therapy & Performance Clinic can help you get back to doing what you love as soon as possible and safely, we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: We offer this free Total Body Diagnostic session to people nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy, unsure of its benefits, or if it is right for them. If this describes you, please begin with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to determine what is wrong and what can be done – with no financial risk.
Therefore, the Next Question Is...
“How Can Choosing Backcountry Physical Therapy as Your Physical Therapist Help You Get Rid of Your Sports Injury Forever?”
Backcountry Physical Therapy’s expert physical therapists can help you manage or eliminate sports injuries so you can return to your favorite recreational activities.
If you want to know how much it costs and what availability we have, please click the button below and fill out the short form:
You don’t have to sacrifice the sport you love over problems that can be fixed.
Scott Runyon, PT, DPT
Owner of Backcountry Physical Therapy
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Backcountry Physical Therapy in Colorado Springs, CO